(Redirected from Central_Statistical_Office_(Poland))
Statistics Poland (formerly known in English as the Central Statistical Office (Polish: Główny Urząd Statystyczny, popularly called GUS)) is Poland's chief government executive agency charged with collecting and publishing statistics related to the country's economy, population, and society, at the national and local levels. The president of Statistics Poland (currently Dominik Rozkrut) reports directly to the Prime Minister of Poland and is considered the equivalent of a Polish government minister.
|Główny Urząd Statystyczny|
|Formed||13 July 1918|
|Parent agency||Prime Minister of Poland|
Inactive during World War II, GUS was reorganized in March 1945 and as of 31 July 1947 was under control of the Ordinance of the Council of Ministers (along with the Organization of Official Statistics).
The office is divided into several separate branches, each responsible for a different set of data. The branches include the Divisions of Coordination of Statistical Surveys, Analyses and Regional Statistics, Dissemination, National Accounts and Finance, Business Statistics and Registers, Social Statistics, Services Statistics, Agriculture and Environment Statistics, International Cooperation, Budgetary, and Personnel.
Notable GUS publications include Rocznik Statystyczny (Statistical Yearbook), Mały Rocznik Statystyczny (Concise Statistical Yearbook), Demographic Yearbook of Poland, and Wiadomości Statystyczne (Statistical News).
In November 2018 GUS estimated that the average monthly wage in Poland was PLN 4,966 (€1,158, $1,317). According to GUS, during the same month Poland's retail sales increased by 8.2% year-on-year and fell by 2.7% month-on-month while the economy as a whole grew at an annual rate of 5.1%. In December 2018, prices of consumer goods and services increased by 1.1% from the previous year while wages rose 1% from the previous month and unemployment rose .1%.
- 1918–1929 Józef Buzek
- 1929–1939 Edward Szturm de Sztrem
- 1939–1945 vacant
- 1945–1949 Stefan Szulc
- 1949–1965 Zygmunt Pudowicz
- 1965–1972 Wincenty Kawalec
- 1972–1980 Stanisław Kuziński
- 1980–1989 Wiesław Sadowski
- 1989–1991 Franciszek Kubiczek
- 1991–1992 Bohdan Wyżnikiewicz
- 1992–1995 Józef Oleński
- 1995–2006 Tadeusz Toczyński
- 2006–2006 Janusz Witkowski (acting)
- 2006–2011 Józef Oleński
- 2011-2016 Janusz Witkowski
- since 2016 Dominik Rozkrut
- ^ Informacja o wynikach kontroli wykonania budżetu państwa w 2017 r. w części 58 - Główny Urząd Statystyczny
- ^ Słownik procedur parlamentarnych , Kancelaria Sejmu, ISBN 83-909381-0-3, p. 394
- ^ a b "Brief note on the history of statistics" . United Nations. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- ^ "Demographic Yearbook of Poland 2017" . Statistics Poland. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- ^ "Polish workers confident about finding new job: survey" . Radio Poland. 15 January 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- ^ "Retail sales in Poland up y/y in November - Eurostat" . 7 January 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- ^ "Polish GDP likely grew around 5% in 2018: investment minister" . Radio Poland. 17 January 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- ^ "December's CPI in Poland at 1.1 pct y/y - stats office" . The First News. 15 January 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- ^ "Wages, employment up y/y in Poland in December: stats office" . Radio Poland. 18 January 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- ^ "Polish unemployment at 5.8% in December: stats office" . Radio Poland. 24 January 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
Information as of: 16.08.2021 03:18:47 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.