Common Database on Designated Areas
The data bank, which went live in 1999, is a community project of the European Environment Agency (EEA) of the Council of Europe and the United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC).
The data bank is divided into a national area and an international area. The national area is for member states of the EU or EEA about the European Environment Information and Observation Network or EIONET. Data cleansing for the national area of non-EEA members and the international area is carried out by UNEP-WCMC systems.
The data bank follows the system of the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN) and the standards of the United Nations in order to ensure compatibility with similar data banks worldwide, especially the World Database on Protected Areas (WDPA).
- ^ "Environmental Terminology and Discovery Service" . European Environment Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-12-21. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- ^ "Eionet Data Dictionary. View dataset definition: CDDA" . European Environment Agency. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- ^ "EUNIS-sites: Common Database on Designated Areas" . Eionet - European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity. Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- ^ "Welcome to EUNIS biodiversity database - find species, habitats and sites across Europe" . European Environment Agency. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- ^ "An ongoing process" . MAIA. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
Information as of: 20.08.2021 02:30:54 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.