LIBRIS (Library Information System) is a Swedish national union catalogue maintained by the National Library of Sweden in Stockholm. It is possible to freely search about 6.5 million titles nationwide.
In addition to bibliographic records, one for each book or publication, LIBRIS also contains an authority file of people. For each person there is a record connecting name, birth and occupation with a unique identifier.
The development of LIBRIS can be traced to the mid-1960s. While rationalization of libraries had been an issue for two decades after World War II, it was in 1965 that a government committee published a report on the use of computers in research libraries. The government budget of 1965 created a research library council (Forskningsbiblioteksrådet, FBR). A preliminary design document, Biblioteksadministrativt Information System (BAIS) was published in May 1970, and the name LIBRIS, short for Library Information System, was used for a technical subcommittee that started on 1 July 1970. The newsletter LIBRIS-meddelanden (ISSN 0348-1891 ) has been published since 1972 and is online since 1997.
- ^ "LIBRIS" . Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 27 July 2010. (subscription required)
- ^ "LIBRIS database contents" . National Library of Sweden. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- ^ Library of Congress Network Development and MARC Standards Office (5 April 2011). "Search the MARC Code List for Organizations Database" . Library of Congress. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- ^ Lena Olsson, Det datoriserade biblioteket. Maskindrömmar på 70-talet (1995), PhD dissertation from Linköping University, Linköping Studies in Arts and Science 121, ISSN 0282-9800 , ISBN 91-7871-492-3, Abstract online
- ^ Databehandling i forskningsbibliotek (1965; in LIBRIS ), cited in Olsson (1995), p. 51.
- ^ Olsson (1995), p. 55.
- ^ Olsson (1995), p. 103.
- ^ Olsson (1995), p. 31.
- ^ LIBRIS-meddelanden
|Wikidata has the property:
Information as of: 14.08.2021 06:25:48 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.