Museum of Vietnamese History
The Museum of Vietnamese History is located at 2 Nguyen Binh Khiem Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Formerly known as the Musée Blanchard de la Brosse, built by Auguste Delaval in 1926, and The National Museum of Viet Nam in Sai Gon, it received its current name in 1979. It is a museum showcasing Vietnam's history with exhibits from all periods. It should not be confused with the National Museum of Vietnamese History in Hanoi. The topics covered by the exhibits include the following:
- Prehistoric period (500,000 years ago to 2879 BC).
- Metal Age (2879–179 BC), including artifacts related to the Dong Son culture of northern Vietnam and the Sa Huỳnh culture of central Vietnam.
- Chinese Domination and Struggle for National Independence in the Red River Valley (179 BC – 938 AD)
- Óc Eo culture of the Mekong Delta region
- Stone and bronze sculptures and other artifacts of Champa
- Stone sculptures of Cambodia (9th–12th centuries)
- Ngô, Dinh, Anterior Lê, Ly dynasties (939–1225)
- Tran and Ho dynasties (1226–1407)
- Dynasties from the Lê to the Nguyên (1428–1788)
- Tây Sơn dynasty (1771–1802)
- Nguyễn dynasty (1802–1945)
The museum in July 2010
|Location||2 Nguyen Binh Khiem Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
The museum served as the pit stop for the second leg of The Amazing Race Asia 3.
- Lenzi, Iola (2004). Museums of Southeast Asia. Singapore: Archipelago Press. ISBN 978-981-4068-96-3.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Museum of Vietnamese History.|
- Official Website
- Museum Library page
- Asia for Visitors – Museum of Vietnamese History in Ho Chi Minh City
Information as of: 12.08.2021 02:53:00 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.