Shades (Yellowjackets album)
Shades (1986) is the fourth studio album from the jazz group Yellowjackets. The album's first track, "And You Know That" won the "Best R&B Instrumental" Grammy Award. The album debuted on the Billboard Top Jazz Album chart on July 5, 1986 and would spend 32 weeks on the chart, eventually peaking at #4. It was the last to feature drummer Ricky Lawson.
|Studio album by|
The album features the original recording of the Yellowjackets' live staple "Revelation" (featuring vocal group Perri) as well as the Donald Fagen-penned title track. Revelation is one of the group's most popular tunes, often covered by other artists, including Robben Ford on Talk to Your Daughter (1988).
- "And You Know That" (Ricky Lawson, Russell Ferrante) - 5:35
- "New Shoes" (Marc Russo, Ferrante) - 5:18
- "One Family" (Jimmy Haslip, Eric Marienthal, Ferrante) - 5:38
- "Revelation" (Ferrante, Lorraine Perry) - 5:13
- "Oasis" (Ferrante) - 5:27
- "Regular Folks" (Ferrante) - 5:03
- "Black Tie" (Ferrante) - 5:46
- "Sonja's Sanfona" (Haslip, Bill Gable) - 6:27
- "Shades" - (Donald Fagen) - 5:15
- "Wildcats & Cougars" (Robben Ford, Haslip, Ferrante) - 5:34
- Russell Ferrante – keyboards
- Jimmy Haslip – 5-string bass, piccolo bass
- Ricky Lawson – acoustic drums, Simmons drums, percussion
- Marc Russo – alto saxophone
- Yellowjackets – producers
- Erik Zobler – engineer (basic tracks), mixing
- Gary Wagner – engineer (overdubs), mix consultant
- Duncan Aldridge – assistant engineer
- Gerry Brown – assistant engineer
- Larry Mah – assistant engineer
- Michael Ross – assistant engineer
- Brian Gardner – mastering
- Jeff Lancaster (L-Shape Ltd.) – art direction
- Dennis Keeley – photography
- Gerry Puhara – styling
- Gary Borman (Kragen & Co.) – management
1986 - 29th Annual GRAMMY Awards
|"And You Know That"||Best R&B Instrumental Performance|
Information as of: 16.08.2021 10:46:31 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.