1995 in politics
This article does not cite any sources.(December 2009)
These are some of the notable events relating to politics in 1995.
|Years in politics:||1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s|
|Years:||1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998|
- January 1- André Degroeve becomes Governor of Brussels-Capital.
- January 1- Fernando Henrique Cardoso becomes President of Brazil.
- January 1- Orleir Messias Cameli becomes Governor of Acre.
- January 1- Divaldo Suruagy becomes Governor of Alagoas.
- January 1- João Alberto Rodrigues Capiberibe becomes Governor of Amapá.
- January 1- Amazonino Armando Mendes becomes Governor of Amazonas.
- January 1- Paulo Ganem Souto becomes Governor of Bahia.
- January 1- Tasso Ribeiro Jereissati becomes Governor of Ceará.
- January 1- Cristovam Buarque becomes Governor of Distrito Federal.
- January 1- Victor Buaiz becomes Governor of Espírito Santo
- January 1- Luiz Alberto Maguito Vilela becomes Governor of Goiás.
- January 1- Roseana Macieira Sarney Murad becomes Governor of Maranhão.
- January 1- Dante Martins de Oliveira becomes Governor of Mato Grosso.
- January 1- Wilson Barbosa Martins becomes Governor of Mato Grosso do Sul.
- January 1- Eduardo Brandão de Azeredo becomes Governor of Minas Gerais.
- January 1- Almir José de Oliveira Gabriel becomes Governor of Pará.
- January 1- Antonio Marques da Silva Mariz becomes Governor of Paraíba.
- January 1- Jaime Lerner becomes Governor of Paraná.
- January 1- Miguel Arraes de Alencar becomes Governor of Pernambuco.
- January 1- Francisco de Assis de Moraes Souza becomes Governor of Piauí.
- January 1- Marcello Nunes de Alencar becomes Governor of Rio de Janeiro
- January 1- Garibaldi Alves Filho becomes Governor of Rio Grande do Norte.
- January 1- Antônio Britto Filho becomes Governor of Rio Grande do Sul.
- January 1- Valdir Raupp de Mattos becomes Governor of Rondônia.
- January 1- Neudo Ribeiro Campos becomes Governor of Roraima.
- January 1- Paulo Afonso Evangelista Vieira becomes Governor of Santa Catarina.
- January 1- Mário Covas Júnior becomes Governor of São Paulo.
- January 1- Albano do Prado Pimentel Franco becomes Governor Sergipe.
- January 1- José Wilson Siqueira Campos becomes Governor of Tocantins.
- January 1- Dianne L. Haskett becomes Mayor of London, Ontario.
- January 3- Sir Orville Alton Turnquest becomes Governor General of the Bahamas.
- January 6- Pierre Dartout becomes Prefect of French Guiana.
- January 16- Helen Maksagak becomes Commissioner of the Northwest Territories.
- January 25- Zhan Videnov becomes Premier of Bulgaria.
- February 1- Martin Mowbray becomes Governor of the Cocos Islands.
- February 8- Roméo LeBlanc becomes Governor General of Canada.
- February 22- Antoine Nduwayo becomes Prime Minister of Burundi.
- March 2- Josef Pühringer becomes Premier of Oberösterreich.
- March 9- Kate Carnell becomes Chief Administrator of Australian Capital Territory.
- April 4- Bob Carr becomes Premier of New South Wales.
- April 12- Gabriel Koyambounou becomes Governor of the Central African Republic.
- April 8- Koibla Djimasta becomes Prime Minister of Chad.
- April 13- Paavo Lipponen becomes Prime Minister of Finland.
- April 17- Tiit Vähi becomes Prime Minister of Estonia.
- April 21- Garde Gardom becomes Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia.
- April 29- Caabi El-Yachroutu Mohamed becomes Prime Minister of Comoros.
- May 1- Jacques Chirac becomes President of France.
- May 15- Ralph O'Neal becomes Chief Minister of the British Virgin Islands.
- May 18- Alain Juppé becomes Prime Minister of France.
- May 26- Shane Stone becomes Chief Minister of Northern Territory.
- June 12- Judy Gingell becomes Commissioner of the Yukon Territory.
- June 14- Edison James becomes Prime Minister of Dominica.
- June 15-June 17 - 21st G7 summit takes place in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- June 18- Wang Yunkun becomes acting Governor of Jilin.
- June 26- Mike Harris becomes Premier of Ontario.
- July 6- Carlos Arturo Juárez becomes Governor of Santiago del Estero.
- July 8- Eduardo Bauzá becomes Cabinet Chief of Argentina.
- July 12- Ramón Mestre becomes Governor of Córdoba.
- July 27- Milan Babić becomes Prime Minister of Krajina.
- August 22- Negasso Gidada becomes President of Ethiopia.
- August 23- Meles Zenawi becomes Prime Minister of Ethiopia.
- August 30- Gilbert Clements becomes Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island.
- September 18- José Targino Maranhão becomes Governor of Paraíba.
- September 29- Ayoubo Combo becomes Coordinator of the Transitional Military Committee of Comoros.
- October 2- Sir Guy Green becomes Governor of Tasmania.
- October 2- Mohamed Taki Abdoulkarim becomes President of Comoros, and Said Ali Kemal becomes acting President of Comoros.
- October 5- Caamby El-Yachourtu becomes interim President of Comoros.
- October 16- Rajko Kasagic becomes Prime Minister of Republika Srpska.
- October 16- John Wynne Owen becomes Governor of the Cayman Islands.
- October 29- Antonio Domingo Bussi becomes Governor of Tucumán.
- November 3- Alan Hoole becomes Governor of Anguilla.
- November 4- Zlatko Mateša becomes Prime Minister of Croatia.
- November 22- Don Morin becomes Premier of the Northwest Territories.
- November 24- Roger Jansson becomes Chief Minister of the Åland Islands.
- December 9- Ángel Maza becomes Governor of La Rioja.
- December 9- Pablo Verani becomes Governor of Río Negro
- December 10- Ángel Rozas becomes Governor of Chaco.
- December 10- Jorge Busti becomes Governor of Entre Ríos.
- December 10- Guillermo Snopek becomes Governor of the Jujuy Province.
- December 10- Felipe Sapag becomes Governor of Neuquén.
- December 10- Juan Carlos Romero becomes Governor of Salta.
- December 11- Gildo Insfrán becomes Governor of Formosa.
- December 11- Arturo Lafalla becomes Governor of Mendoza.
- December 11- Jorge Obeid becomes Governor of Santa Fe Province.
- December 14- Carl Bildt of Sweden becomes the International High Representative of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- December 19- Sir Denys Williams becomes acting Governor General of Barbados.
- December 31- Ahmed Ouyahia becomes Prime Minister of Algeria.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1995 in politics.|
Information as of: 16.08.2021 07:08:21 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.