Concierto is an album by the Jim Hall sextet, featuring Paul Desmond, Chet Baker, Ron Carter, Steve Gadd and Roland Hanna. It was produced by Creed Taylor for his CTI Records label and recorded at Van Gelder Studio in New Jersey on April 16 and 23, 1975. Concierto is named after the featured 19-minute jazz version of the classical piece for guitar, Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquín Rodrigo.
Scanned by uploader., Fair use
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||April 16 & 23, 1975|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ|
|Genre||Cool jazz, post-bop|
|Length||38:02 original LP|
68:07 CD reissue
CTI 6060 S1
|Jim Hall chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
- "You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To" (Cole Porter) – 7:08
- "Two's Blues" (Jim Hall) – 3:51
- "The Answer Is Yes" (Jane Hall) – 7:41
- "Concierto de Aranjuez" (Rodrigo) – 19:22
Bonus tracks on CD reissue:
- "Rock Skippin'" (Ellington, Strayhorn) – 6:14
- "Unfinished Business" (Andrews, Carter, Chavez, Hall, Von Roth) – 2:37
- "You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To" [Alternate Take] - 7:28
- "The Answer Is Yes" [Alternate Take] - 5:36
- "Rock Skippin'" [Alternate Take] - 6:05
Tracks 3, 4 recorded on April 16, 1975; tracks 1, 2, 6, 8 on April 23, 1975.
Information as of: 12.08.2021 02:23:05 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.