This article needs additional citations for verification.(April 2021)
|Ab urbe condita||2225|
|Balinese saka calendar||1393–1394|
|English Regnal year||11 Edw. 4 – 12 Edw. 4|
|Chinese calendar||辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)|
4168 or 4108
— to —
壬辰年 (Water Dragon)
4169 or 4109
|- Vikram Samvat||1528–1529|
|- Shaka Samvat||1393–1394|
|- Kali Yuga||4572–4573|
|Japanese calendar||Bunmei 4|
|Minguo calendar||440 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||2014–2015|
1598 or 1217 or 445
— to —
1599 or 1218 or 446
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1472.|
- February 20 – Orkney and Shetland are returned by Norway to Scotland, as a result of a defaulted dowry payment.
- December 31 – The city council of Amsterdam prohibits snowball fights: "Neymant en moet met sneecluyten werpen nocht maecht noch wijf noch manspersoon." ("No one shall throw with snowballs, neither men nor (unmarried) women.")
- The first printed edition of Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy is published in Foligno.
- The Kingdom of Fez is founded.
- Possible discovery of Bacalao (possibly Newfoundland, North America) by João Vaz Corte-Real.
- An extensive slave trade begins in modern Cameroon, as the Portuguese sail up the Wouri River.
- Fernão do Po claims the central-African islands Bioko and Annobón, for Portugal.
- Banca Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena, the world's oldest surviving bank, is founded.
- Leonardo da Vinci is listed as a master, in Florence's Company of Artists.
- Johannes de Sacrobosco's De sphaera mundi (written c. 1230) is first published in Ferrara, the first printed astronomical book.
- Pietro d'Abano's Conciliator differentiarum quae inter philosophos et medicos versantur and De venenis eorumque remediis are published.
- January 17 – Guidobaldo da Montefeltro, Italian condottiero and Duke of Urbino (d. 1508)
- February 15 – Piero di Lorenzo de' Medici, ruler of Florence (d. 1503)
- March 28 – Fra Bartolomeo, Italian artist (d. 1517)
- April 5 – Bianca Maria Sforza, Holy Roman Empress, married to Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1510)
- April 10 – Margaret of York, English princess (d. 1472)
- May 31 – Érard de La Marck, prince-bishop of Liège (d. 1538)
- August 11 – Nikolaus von Schönberg, German Catholic cardinal (d. 1537)
- October 19 – John Louis, Count of Nassau-Saarbrücken (d. 1545)
- October 31 – Wang Yangming, Chinese Neo-Confucian scholar (d. 1529)
- November 24 – Pietro Torrigiano, Italian sculptor of the Florentine school (d. 1528)
- December 10 – Anne de Mowbray, 8th Countess of Norfolk (d. 1481)
- date unknown
- March 30 – Amadeus IX, Duke of Savoy (b. 1435)
- April 25 – Leon Battista Alberti, Italian painter, poet and philosopher (b. 1404)
- May 24 – Charles de Valois, Duke de Berry, French noble (b. 1446)
- May 30 – Jacquetta of Luxembourg, English duchess, daughter of Pierre de Luxembourg (b. 1416)
- June 4 – Nezahualcoyotl, Aztec poet (b. 1402)
- July 15 – Johann II of Nassau-Saarbrücken, Count of Nassau-Saarbrücken (1429–1472) (b. 1423)
- July 25 – Charles of Artois, Count of Eu, French military leader (b. 1394)
- November 18 – Basilios Bessarion, Latin Patriarch of Constantinople (b. 1403)
- December 11 – Margaret of York, English princess (b. 1472)
- date unknown – Afanasy Nikitin, Russian traveller
- ^ Royal Historical Society (Great Britain) (1939). Guides and Handbooks . Royal Historical Society. p. 208.
- ^ Russell LeRoi Bohr (1958). The Italian Drawings in the E.B. Crocker Art Gallery Collection, Sacramento, California . University of California, Berkeley. p. 35.
- ^ a b Sir James Henry Ramsay (1892). Lancaster and York: A Century of English History (A.D. 1399-1485) . Clarendon Press. p. 469.
- ^ Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.) (1984). The Jack and Belle Linsky Collection in the Metropolitan Museum of Art . Metropolitan Museum of Art. p. 101. ISBN 978-0-87099-370-1.
- ^ Solitudo: Spaces and Places of Solitude in Late Medieval and Early Modern Cultures . BRILL. June 1, 2018. p. 393. ISBN 978-90-04-36743-2.
- ^ The Peerage, Baronetage, Knightage & Companionage of the British Empire . 1907. p. 103.
Information as of: 10.08.2021 03:09:02 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.