Charenton-le-Pont (French pronunciation: [ʃaʁɑ̃tɔ̃ lə pɔ̃] (listen)) is a commune in the southeastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 6.2 km (3.9 mi) from the centre of Paris. It is one of the most densely populated municipalities in Europe.
Arthur Dussault Square in Charenton
Charenton-le-Pont (Île-de-France (region))
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Hervé Gicquel|
|1.85 km2 (0.71 sq mi)|
|• Density||16,000/km2 (42,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||28–57 m (92–187 ft) |
(avg. 36 m or 118 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Charenton shares the association football club CA Paris-Charenton with nearby town Maisons-Alfort. They play in all red with blue shorts. They are a merger between CA Paris (founded in 1892), who won the 1920 Coupe de France, were second place in the 1928 Coupe de France, played in the first two seasons of Ligue 1, and then played in Ligue 2 until 1963, and SO Charentonnais (founded in 1904). The two merged in 1964. The club is chaired by Oscar Gonçalves. They mainly play at the Stade Henri Guérin in Charenton, but also play many matches at the Stade Charentonneau in Maisons-Alfort.
A Bronze Age hoard of weapons was found in the river Seine at Charenton in the late nineteenth century. Comprising swords, axes, spearheads and other miscellaneous objects, it is now in the British Museum.
On 1 January 1860, the city of Paris was enlarged by annexing neighbouring communes. On that occasion, half of the commune of Bercy was annexed to the city of the Paris, and the remaining half was annexed to Charenton-le-Pont.
In 1929, the commune of Charenton-le-Pont lost about a third of its territory when the city of Paris annexed the Bois de Vincennes, a small part of which belonged to Charenton-le-Pont.
|Source: EHESS and INSEE (1968-2017)|
- Public preschools (écoles maternelles): 4 vents, Cerisae, Champ des Alouettes, Conflans, Port au Lions, and Valmy
- Public elementary schools: Briand A, Briand B, Desnos, Pasteur, and Valmy
- Collège la Cerisaie (junior high school)
- Lycée Robert Schuman (public senior high school/sixth-form college)
- Notre dame des Missions (private school, elementary through senior high school/sixth form college)
Twin towns - Sister cities
Charenton-le-Pont is twinned with:
- ^ "Populations légales 2018" . INSEE. 28 December 2020.
- ^ British Museum Collection
- ^ Des villages de Cassini aux communes d'aujourd'hui: Commune data sheet Charenton-le-Pont , EHESS. (in French)
- ^ Population en historique depuis 1968 , INSEE
- ^ "Les établissements scolaires de Charenton ." Charenton. Retrieved on September 6, 2016.
- ^ "British towns twinned with French towns [via WaybackMachine.com]" . Archant Community Media Ltd. Archived from the original on 5 July 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- ^ "Trowbridge - Market town twins with Arab city" . BBC News. BBC News Channel. 2006-10-03. Archived from the original on 2006-10-13. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charenton-le-Pont.|
- Encyclopædia Britannica. 5 (11th ed.). 1911. .
- Charenton-le-Pont city council website (in French)
- Historical notes (in French)
Information as of: 13.08.2021 07:56:22 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.