City as seen from the castle terrasse
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Alexandre Rassaërt|
|16.67 km2 (6.44 sq mi)|
|• Density||700/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||47–142 m (154–466 ft) |
(avg. 74 m or 243 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
- Château de Gisors, built in the 11th century.
- The Saint-Gervais-Saint-Protais parish church is an outstanding monument fusing Gothic and Renaissance architecture.
- A field near Gisors was the site of the cutting of the elm.
- ^ "Populations légales 2018" . INSEE. 28 December 2020.
- ^ Bradford Smith, The Foundations of the West - Course Material, Chapter 8 The Age of the Crusades - The Rise of France under Philip Augustus and of St. Louis Archived 2008-06-12 at the Wayback Machine Oglethorpe University, Summer 2000.
- ^ Nicholas Vincent, "William Marshal, King Henry II and the Honour of Chateauroux Archived 2012-02-10 at the Wayback Machine", in: Archives: The Journal of the British Record Association vol. 25, no. 102 (2000).
- ^ A Thirteenth-Century Minstrel's Chronicle, a translation by Robert Levine of the Récits d'un ménestrel de Reims, a thirteenth-century historical fiction Archived 2008-05-16 at the Wayback Machine, Mellen Press, Lewiston, 1990.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gisors.|
Information as of: 23.08.2021 10:57:09 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.