The Gwda (Polish pronunciation: [ˈgvda]; German: Küddow) is a river in Poland, a tributary of the Noteć. It has a length of 140 km (87 mi) and a basin area of 4,947 km2 (1,910 sq mi). It begins at Lake Studnica, northeast of Szczecinek. Its upper course flows through many lakes. It runs through the town of Piła.
Gwda near Piła
|Length||140 km (87 mi)|
|Basin size||4,947 km2 (1,910 sq mi)|
|• average||27.9 m3/s (990 cu ft/s)|
|Progression||Noteć→ Warta→ Oder→ Baltic Sea|
- Downstream from Koszalin Province boundary and upstream from road bridge in Ledyczek excluding reservoir between Wegorzewo and Lomczewo.
- Downstream from road bridge in Ledyczek and upstream from Podgaje Reservoir.
- Downstream from dam in Tarnowka and upstream from road bridge in Krepsko.
The water of the Gwda was one of the purest in Poland in 1975. However, the water flows have since been degraded due to cities pumping non-processed sewage and industrial plants flushing chemicals and oil.
- ^ Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Poland 2017 , Statistics Poland, p. 85-86
- ^ Polish Angling Association [permanent dead link], retrieved on September 26, 2007.
- ^ Przybylski, M. (1991) "Things are not well in the province of Piła" Green Brigades, No. 4 Spring. , retrieved on September 26, 2007.
- Ilnicki, P., Melcer, B., Posiewka, P. (2003) "Point and non-point sources of pollution in the Gwda river basin in hydrological years 1992/93-1997/98" Journal of Water and Land Development, No. 7, pp. 65–73.
Information as of: 13.08.2021 10:04:23 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.