Istituto Superiore di Sanità
This article needs additional citations for verification.(January 2021)
The Istituto Superiore di Sanità (Italian National Institute of Health, literally 'Higher Health Institute'), also ISS, is an Italian public institution that, as the leading technical-scientific body of the Italian National Health Service (Servizio Sanitario Nazionale), performs research, trials, control, counseling, documentation and training for public health. The Institute is under the supervision of the Ministero della Salute (Ministry of Health).
|Formed||April 21, 1934|
|Parent agency||Ministero della Salute|
The official opening of the ISS, called Istituto di Sanità Pubblica (Institute of Public Health), took place on April 21, 1934. The construction of the main building in Rome, designed by architect Giuseppe Amendola, started on July 6, 1931 and it was financed by the American Rockefeller Foundation.
In 1941 the Istituto di Sanità Pubblica assumed its present name of Istituto Superiore di Sanità
ISS Directors (then Presidents)
- Gaetano Basile (1934–35)
- Dante De Blasi (1935)
- Domenico Marotta (1935–61)
- Giordano Giacomello (1961–64)
- Giovan Battista Marini Bettolo Marconi (1964–72)
- Francesco Pocchiari (1972–89)
- Vincenzo Longo (1989)
- Francesco Antonio Manzoli (1989–93)
- Giuseppe Vicari (1993–95)
- Aurelia Sargentini (1995–96)
- Giuseppe Benagiano (1996–2001)
- Enrico Garaci (2001–13)
- Fabrizio Oleari (2013–14)
- Gualtiero Ricciardi (2015–18); Commissioner (2014–15)
- Silvio Brusaferro (2019–present), straordinary commissioner
Nobel Prize Winners
- Environment and Primary Prevention
- Cell Biology and Neurosciences
- Haematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine
- Therapeutic Research and Medicines Evaluation
- Infectious, Parasitic and Immune-Mediated Diseases
- Veterinary Public Health and Food Safety
- Technology and Health
- National AIDS Centre
- National Centre for Chemical Substances
- National Centre for Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion
- Centre for Immunobiologicals Research and Evaluation
- National Centre for Rare Diseases
- Evaluation and Accreditation Body
- National Blood Centre
- National Transplant Centre
- Service for Biotechnology and Animal Welfare
- Data Management, Documentation, Library and Publishing Activities
- Giorgio Bignami, Origins and Subsequent Development of the Istituto Superiore di Sanità in Rome (Italy) (on-line (Italian)
- ^ "Istituto Superiore di Sanità - Poster nuova struttura (in inglese)" (PDF). ISS. 2019-01-21.
Information as of: 13.08.2021 05:12:25 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.