|Look up marzo in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Marzo is an Italian (IPA: [ˈmartso]) and Spanish (IPA: [ˈmarθo](Castilian) or [ˈmarso](Latin America)) surname. Marzo in both languages means March and the name originally indicated a special connection of its bearer to the third month of the year. Besides Spain and Italy its area of distribution includes most of the Spanish-speaking world and all countries with a considerable Italian diaspora.
Notable people with this name include:
- Adrián Marzo (born 1968), Argentine athlete
- Andrés Marzo (17th century), Spanish painter
- Clay Marzo (born 1989), American surfer
- Pablo Pallares Marzo (born 1987), Spanish footballer
- Ramón Sáez Marzo (1940–2013), Spanish road cyclist
- Stefano Marzo (born 1991), Belgian footballer
- Teresa De Marzo (1903–1986), Brazilian aviator
- ^ a b "Marzo Surname Distribution" . forebears.io. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
Approximately 19,874 people bear this surname. Most prevalent in: Philippines; Highest density in: Guam.
- ^ a b "Statistics and meaning of name Marzo" . namespedia.com. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
Surname Marzo is used at least 3743 times in at least 33 countries.
- ^ a b "Marzo Family History" . ancestry.com. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
Spanish and Italian: from a nickname or personal name given to someone who was born or baptized in the month of March, Spanish and Italian Marzo (Latin Martius (mensis), from the name of the war god Mars), or nickname for someone who had some other special connection with the month, such as owing a feudal obligation then. Italian: from a reduced form of the personal name Marzio (see Marzilli).
Information as of: 23.08.2021 10:38:24 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.