|Judge of the Constitutional Court of Italy|
9 November 2005 – 9 November 2014
|Appointed by||Carlo Azeglio Ciampi|
|Minister of Public Function|
29 April 1993 – 11 May 1994
|Prime Minister||Carlo Azeglio Ciampi|
|Preceded by||Remo Gaspari|
|Succeeded by||Giuliano Urbani|
|Born||20 October 1935|
|Alma mater||University of Pisa|
Education and career
Graduated (October 1956) summa cum laude in law from the University of Pisa, where he also studied (1952-1956) at the prestigious Collegio Medico-Giuridico of the Scuola Normale Superiore (which since 1987 changed his name into Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies). He was an assistant professor at the Universities of Pisa and Rome and, since 1961, has served as professor at the Universities of Urbino, Naples and Rome. He has been a member of many ministerial committees and of the governing body of the Italian Central Statistical Office. From 1975 to 1983 he taught at the Advanced School for the Civil Service (Rome). In 1993-94 he was a member of the Italian Government.
Sabino Cassese has received a doctor honoris causa degree from seven Universities: Aix-en-Provence (1987), Cordoba (1995), Panthéon-Assas (1998), Castilla-La Mancha (2002), Athens (2002), Macerata (2002) and European University Institute of Florence (2010).
He was president of the European Group of Public Administration (International Institute of Administrative Sciences) from 1987 to 1991; a visiting scholar at Berkeley (1965), London (1969), Stanford (1970, 1975, 1986) and Oxford (1987, 1988, 1989, 1995); professeur associé at the Universities of Paris 1 (1986, 1994, 1995, 1999), Nantes (1987) and at the “Institut d’Etudes Politiques” – Paris (1991); guest scholar Wilson Center, Washington (1983); professor at the Hauser Global Law School of the New York University (2004 and 2010), and from 2005 professor at the Master of Public Affairs of the Paris Institut d’Etudes Politiques. Since 2010 he is also a professor at the Master in International Public Affairs of the LUISS School of Government , and since 2011, a visiting professor at the LL.M. Law in a European and Global Context of the Católica Global School of Law, in Lisbon.
In 2004, together with some of his scholars he founded the Institute for Research on Public Administration, based in Rome.
Among his publications:
- La construction du droit administratif (2000, Montchrestien);
- Portrait de l’Italie actuelle (2001, La Documentation Française; trad. it. Ritratto dell’Italia, 2001, Laterza);
- La crisi dello Stato (2001, Laterza);
- Is There Really a ‘Democratic Deficit?’ in “Institutional reforms in the European Union – Memorandum for the Convention” (2002, Europeos);
- Lo spazio giuridico globale (2003, Laterza);
- The Age of Administrative Reforms, in “Governing Europe” (2003, J. Hayward-A. Menon, eds., Oxford Univ. Press);
- The Italian Legal System 1945-1999, in “Legal Culture in the Age of Globalization” (2003, L.M. Friedman-R. Perez Perdomo, eds., Stanford Univ. Press);
- Trattato di diritto amministrativo (editor) (2003, II ed., Giuffrè);
- La Nuova Costituzione Economica (V ed. 2012, Laterza);
- European Administrative Proceedings in « Law and Contemporary Problems » (2004, vol. 68, n. 1);
- Istituzioni di diritto amministrativo (editor) (IV ed., 2012, Giuffrè);
- Manuale di diritto pubblico (V ed., 2014, Giuffrè);
- Global standards for national administrative procedure, in « Law and Contemporary Problems » (2005,vol. 68, nn. 3-4);
- Dizionario di diritto pubblico (editor) (2006, Giuffrè);
- Oltre lo Stato (2006, Laterza);
- Global Administrative Law: An Introduction in « Journal of International Law and Politics » (2005, Summer, vol. 37, n. 4, p. 663-694) ;
- The Globalization of Law, in « Journal of International Law and Politics » (2005, Summer, vol. 37, n. 4, p. 973-993) ;
- La partecipazione dei privati alle decisioni pubbliche. Saggio di diritto comparato in «Rivista trimestrale di diritto pubblico» (2007, fasc. 1, p. 13-41);
- When Legal Orders collide: the Role of Courts (2010, Global Law Press)
- Il diritto globale. Giustizia e democrazia oltre lo Stato (2009, Einaudi);
- Lo Stato fascista (2010, Il Mulino);
- Handbuch Ius Publicum Europaeum (eds. Armin von Bogdandy, Sabino Cassese, Peter M. Huber), (2010, C.F. Mueller);
- Il diritto amministrativo: storia e prospettive (2010, Giuffrè);
- L'Italia: una società senza Stato (2011, Il Mulino);
- The Global Polity – Global Dimensions of Democracy and the Rule of Law (electronic book) (2012,Global Law Press, Editorial Derecho Global);
- The Italian constitutional architecture: from unification to the present day, in “Journal of Modern Studies” (2012, January, vol. 17, n. 1);
- Governare gli italiani: Storia dello stato ( 2014, Il Mulino).
- ^ Bongiovanni, Bruno; Cassese, Sabino; Castronovo, Valerio; Graziano, Manlio; Merger, Michèle; Mileschi, Christophe; Negri Zamagni, Vera; Pasquino, Gianfranco; Rampini, Paolo; Romano, Sergio; Toscano, Alberto; Verdura Rechenmann, Daniela (2004). L'Italie aujourd'hui: situation et perspectives après le séisme des années 90 (in French). Éditions L'Harmattan. p. 179.
- ^ executive Committee , aspeninstitute.it/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sabino Cassese.|
Information as of: 12.08.2021 12:26:34 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiFox.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.